We often find ourselves in our vehicles for long road trips, at an airport or hotel or bus terminal where there are not a lot of health food options. I have found a healthier alternative to the grab- and -go of the above mentioned travelling scenarios.
I take a trip to the grocery store before any upcoming travel and pick up the following:
- individual peanut butter packets
- snack size tuna (with the peel back lid)
- melba toast
- chicken or turkey (home cooked is better than pre-packaged)
- nuts (unsalted)
- protein bars
- pre-cut veggies (peppers, cauliflower, cucumbers)
- corn or rice crackers
- quinoa and chia seed crackers………etc.
These healthy snacks help fuel the body and keep the hunger at bay. Packed with protein, healthy fats and lots of vitamins and minerals, they offer a much more nutritious option than the kiosks or gas stations.
So next time you are planning a trip whether by ground, sea, or air, try taking a little trip to the grocery store before hand. Not only will your stomach be thankful, but so will your wallet!